Monday, May 23, 2011

Chapter 4: True Feelings

Eric stopped by and gave Devin the ingredients for Karin’s medicine. He didn’t see Ina. Later that night, Devin and Ina went to Karin’s cabin. Ina was shocked to see so many guards outside of it. It was very late. When she got inside, Karin looked up.
“Ina, it’s good to see you,” she said. “Is Spencer ok?”
“He’s fine,” Ina said. “How are you?”
“As good as I can be,” Karin coughed.
“Here take this,” Ina handed over the medicine. Karin stared at it blankly. “It’s medicine. It’ll make you better.”
“Ok,” Karin coughed again. She put the cup to her mouth. “It’s salty.”
“Of course it is. It’s lemon juice mixed with salt water.”
Karin smiled. “Thanks. I feel better already.” She tried to get up, but she collapsed. She landed with a sickening thud.
“Are you ok?” Ina yelled.
“I’m fine. It happens a lot.” She sat up. “It seems I’m tired.” That was the last thing she said before falling asleep.
“Devin?” Ina said.
“Yes?” Devin answered.
“I want to ask you for one more favor.”
“What is it?” Devin asked.
“Bring my sister to your mansion and have a doctor look after her.”
“That’s a tall order.”
“It’s a request. I’m prepared to grovel at your feet.” She got on her knees. “Please I beg of you.”
“What are you willing to give up?”
“Anything!”
“Ok, then give up on your revenge and offer yourself to me.”
Ina paused before replying, “ok. Do as you wish.”
“Lets go.” Devin walked out of the room. “Move her to my mansion. Then call a doctor, the best one you can get.”
“Thank you,” Ina said. They walked back to the mansion and had dinner. Ina had a lot of wine then went to go take a bath. Devin followed her.
“You know,” he began. “You are the first woman to hate me so much.”
“I’m sure there are others,” Ina said.
“No, I can’t think of any,” Devin said. “Most woman either look up to me or fear me. But you don’t do either. Instead you loath me.”
“Yes, I do hate you,” Ina said. She started crying. “I hate you so much.” Devin pulled Ina to his chest and held her tight. He lifted her chin and kissed her. His shirt became drenched.
“I know,” Devin said. “But I just can’t stop myself from loving you.” He kissed her again. Pain shot through Ina’s heart. She pushed Devin away.
“I can’t,” she said. “I can’t love you.” She jumped into the hot bath. Devin followed her in. “Stay away from me.” Ina put up her hands in defense.
“That won’t work on me.” Devin grabbed Ina and kissed her again. This time Ina could not fight back. Noticing her disgust, Devin released Ina. She backed off into a corner.
“Please stop!”
“Why?” Devin took a step forward as Ina stepped backwards. “Why do I have to stop? You can learn to love me. I’ll protect you.”
“I can’t. My brother and sister need me.”
“I can protect them!” He took another step towards Ina.
“Stop! Stop it!”
“Let me be the one to hold you.” He took two steps this time.
“Go away!” Ina was now in the corner and could not flee.
“I won’t!” Devin reach up and caressed Ina’s cheek. “I love you!”
“Stop!”
“I love you!”
“Please stop!”
“I love you, Ina!” It was Ina, this time, who kissed Devin. She could no longer hide her feelings. The heat got to her as her body fell limp. Devin caught her and carried her to his room. Once she was on the bed, Devin ripped off her clothes. He took off his own and kissed Ina’s body.

No comments:

Post a Comment