Monday, May 23, 2011

Chapter 1: Ina

After the war and destruction of the Black Rose and the Nasturtium Clan, Mary and Stephen started a new clan called the Orchid Clan. But problems arose when Mary took ill. She died of a disease, which also took Stephen and their only son, David. Elizabeth Rose II raised their daughter. She soon gave birth to Ina, Karin, and Spencer. But they didn’t live happily ever after. Remnants of the Black Rose took over the Orchid Clan and several other lands. Devin Mathews led them. He was a man who showed no mercy. He separated families and put everyone to work. If you did not obey his every order, you would be killed. There were never any second chances.
Elizabeth Rose II was killed protecting Ina, Karin, and Spencer. Karin, who was only nine, was taken away to work at the hemming district. Ina could not stop them from taking her, so she instead dressed as a guy and was taken to the male-main section. Here they divided the men up into different groups. One was a training group. This was were they tried to take Spencer to.
“Let him go,” Ina said pulling on a soldier’s arm. “We must stay together.”
“Insolent fool,” the soldier said pushing Ina to the side. “You dare disobey?”
“He needs me,” Ina said. “Let him go!” She charged at him. The man was faster. He pushed her in the stomach.
As she hit the ground, a voice said, “what is going on?” A tall man wearing black clothes and a hooded, black cap stood firm in front of everyone. The soldiers bowed.
“My lord, this boy dares raise a hand against us,” the soldier said bowing. “He tried to run away with his brother.”
“That’s not true,” Ina coughed.
“I see,” the man said stepping forward. He unsheathed his sword.
“Please don’t,” Spencer said. “It was that man’s fault.” He pointed to the soldier. “He...”
“Spencer, be quiet!” Ina yelled.
“Smart kid, trying to save his brother,” the man said. “Now then, your punishment.” The sword glinted in the sunlight.
“Yes, Lord Devin,” the soldier said. “Show him whose boss.”
“I am,” Devin said as he decapitated the soldier. Everyone stood still for a minute. Then he walked over to Ina sheathing his sword. “Name!”
“Darin Walker,” Ina said. “My name is Darin Walker and my brother is Spencer Walker.”
“You are to come with me,” Devin said. “Send the boy to the training barracks.” Two other soldiers carried Spencer off as Devin led Ina to a cabin. “Remove your clothes,” he said sitting on a haystack.
“And if I refuse?” Ina said.
“Then I shall take them off for you,” Devin said.
“Fine,” Ina said removing her clothes. She stopped when she reached her under dress.
“Take that off too. Every last piece of cloth.” Ina stood frozen. Devin got up and threw Ina to the wall. He ripped her remaining clothes off. She shuttered and covered herself. “I can’t believe my men couldn’t tell that you were a woman,” Devin said. “Why hide the fact?”
“To protect my brother,” Ina said.
“That is just so foolish,” Devin laughed. “To protect your brother? What load of crap is that?”
“I will protect him,” Ina yelled. “And I’ll get my sister back too.”
“Really? And how are you going to do that? My men won’t even let you get close to them.”
“I’ll kill them. I won’t let anyone stand in my way.”
Slam! “You think my men are weak? You’re just a woman. You’re not strong enough.”
“I’m strong enough to beat you.” At this Devin smiled and grabbed Ina’s arm. He threw her on the hay and pinned her down.
“You think you’re stronger than I am? Then push me off.” He started kissing her body. She started kicking and screaming, “let me go!” Her cries got to him as he released her. “What is your name? And I mean your real name.”
“I’m Ina. Ina Black.”
“From now on Ina, you will hide the fact you’re a girl from everyone but me. You will work in the fields and grow stronger. When you are stronger than I am, come kill me.”
“Why are you letting me live?”
“It will be fun to watch your journey towards revenge.” He tossed a knife at Ina. “Use that to protect you.” He walked over to her under dress and ripped it into long strips. Then he grabbed her other clothes and gave them to her. “Wrap the strips around your top. It will hide the fact you’re a girl better.” He walked to the door. “Oh, one more thing. I might kill you the next time you raise a blade to my throat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment